Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Another Good Week

Hey family & Friends!
We got special permission to go to the temple this week. :) It was fantastic and was just what I needed. I have really wanted to go to the temple over the last couple weeks. The only reason we got to go was because there was a home football game on Saturday. When there is a home football game there is really no point in going out and knocking on doors because everybody is either at the game or watching in on TV. So President Taylor gave us permission to go to the temple because he thought it would be a better use of our time. After the temple we came back to the institute and handed out free hot dogs, water, cotton candy and snow cones. It was a lot of fun and we even got to talk to a couple people about the gospel, so that was great.

It was kind of crazy to see the difference between the temple and being back in the world. We were handing out all this free stuff and there were so many parties going on all around us. I felt like it was the epitome of the phrase "in the world but not of the world." I am thankful for the chance I had to see the difference between the temple and the ways of the world all in one day.

We are still planning on [Name withheld] getting baptized on Saturday! woohoo!! We are pretty excited for him. :D

Did y'all get to watch the CES devotional last night by Elder Holland? I got to see the last half hour. I love Elder Holland! He is so great! I love how bold he is. :D Well folks... I really don't have a whole lot to write this week. I apologize. I will be sure to have more to write next week! I love y'all so much! Keep being awesome! Thanks for all your support and love. :D

Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment