Monday, October 8, 2012

General Conference

Well howdy family and friends!
Wasn't general conference amazing? :D I absolutely loved it. I was spiritually fed and found answers to questions I had. I am especially excited with the announcement of the age change for missionaries. As I heard the announcement I felt so much joy in my heart. The Lord needs more missionaries. He is calling out more troops! :)

Me, Sister Esau, (from Kirabati. She went home last week. I love her! She is one of the most loving people I know! amazing!) Sister Allgood (the new missionary) Sister Fraire
As I have reflected on my mission (I hit my 9 month mark 1 month from today! scary! The time goes way too fast!) I have felt like I am being prepared to be a wife and mother. I had that impression especially strong throughout General Conference. Everything I go through as a missionary is teaching me how to be a better wife and mother one day. Being a missionary is the hardest thing I have done in my life up to this point, but it has also been the best decision I have made. I am so grateful to have this opportunity. It has been amazing to see people change as they have accepted the message of the restored gospel. It is also amazing to see how much I have grown emotionally and spiritually in the last 8 months.

Dana and Sister Record
By the time you are 21 you will be a returned missionary and be so ready to have a family of your own. I think this announcement with the age change (especially for the young women) will, in the long run, improve gospel teaching and learning in the home. At 21 girls will already have a mission experience under their belt which will be a huge asset to strengthening the family. I am so excited for Annelise to go on a mission! I can't think of anything better to do with my time than to serve the Lord here in Oklahoma. I love this state, I love the people and I love the missionaries I am surrounded by. I still have a lot to learn and I feel like I should learn it all in the next 10 months, but I know I won't learn everything by then. I need to learn to be more patient. :)

Sister Fraire and Sister Record
We were talking to our recent convert, Jeff last night. He told us about how grateful he is for all the missionaries who taught him. He told us how he can't adequately express in words that gratitude he has for those who taught him and helped him join the church. He mentioned how happy he is to be a member of Christ's church and thankful he is for the covenants he made at baptism. On the flip side, I don't have the words to express how thankful I am to have been blessed to be a part of Jeff's journey into the church. I have learned SO MUCH from him and from the struggles he faced as he made the choice to be baptized. You develop such a love for the people you serve. It is a love I don't know if I have ever really experience before. You start to see people, in a very real way, as Christ see's them. You see their potential to become a strong member of Christ's church. It is amazing!

Well, I love you all very very much! Thanks for all your prayers! I have felt strength come into my life from them. James 5:16 is my favorite scripture about prayer and I have seen it first hand on my mission. Wow guys, I love you! I love the Lord! I am grateful for prophets and apostles on the earth today. I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am only were I am at now because of Him.
Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment