Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

BOOMER SOONER cupcakes! Go OU!
Hey all!

I hope all is well where ever you may be. :) This week has been great! We have been working with a woman who is actually in the Elder's ward. Well, she got baptized on Saturday. It was fantastic! She is an OU football fan so we made her cupcakes since she missed part of the game to be baptized. Sister T. is a wonderful woman! She is so childlike and innocent. She loves the Savior and she loves the gospel. She also loves missionary work and has already given pamphlets to her neighbors. She always tells us that next summer she will be out riding her bike with us. haha! I love Sister T!

Sister Record, Sister Obena, Sister T and Sister Nelson at Sister T's baptism.
"She is always pulling funny faces. haha! She is such a joy to be around!"
We had Elder Shayne M Bowen of the Seventy come speak to us for our mission tour. Here is a link for the talk he gave last conference and for the one in 2006. Anyway, Elder Bowen is such a nice man. He shook all of us missionaries hands, asked us where we were from and then welcomed us to the conference. He and his wife are wonderful people.

Sister Nelson ready to kill the pesky fly
Elder Bowen talked about the Abrahamic Covenant, the Baptismal Covenant, the gathering of the House of Israel and the Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood. It was fantastic! If you want good study topics study these things and how they all connect. Anyway, It was a great conference and I can't begin to tell you all the great things he talked about. He did talk a lot about who we are and our purpose in life. It was pretty incredible.

We are working hard here in Stillwater, there is a lot of work to do. I am excited for all the wonderful things that will come in the next few months I am here. This area has a lot of great potential. The people here are great! Very humble, God fearing people. :) I love them!
Can you believe Thanksgiving is this week? I am excited for it! It is my one and only Thanksgiving as a missionary. It's going to be good! :D I hope you all travel safely and remember to be thankful for the MANY blessing God has given you (http://www.lds.org/search?lang=eng&query=thanksgiving+daily). I am so grateful for the many many blessing I have been given. I cant even begin to count them. I love you all so much! 

Question: If life were a color, what color would it be and why?
Beautiful Oklahoma Sky!
I have to chose just one color? My answer is, it would be a swirl of blues and oranges. (Picture the two colors side by side on a palate. You don't mix the two colors, but make swirls with the two of them.) I have a cool image in my head. I say blues and oranges because sometimes in life we have moments of sadness and heartache, but then moments of happiness and joy (the oranges). When you carefully combine the two (not mix) you have something beautiful. At least, I am picturing something pretty great in my head. :)
Sister Obena going in to eat thecupcakes

However, if you want just one color.... I would have to say.... a soft yellow. It's a happy color and overall life is a pretty happy thing. Even when we are sad, there are always things to be learned. Hope that answers your question. :)

Love Sister Record

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the happiness that comes through in the photos and in your comments. What a wonderful blessing to have a granddaughter on a mission. :)

    ReplyDelete