Monday, November 26, 2012

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!


Hey y'all!

This past week has been great! Thanksgiving was fun! For dinner we actually had lunch and noon. We went out with an elderly couple in the ward. They took us to a buffet similar to Golden Corral. Neither Sister Nelson nor I have never been out to eat on Thanksgiving and Sister Obena has never had Thanksgiving before so it was a fun experience for all of us! Then we went to the institute with the OSU sisters and played games. Me, Sister Nelson, and Sister Christensen sat and talked forever about our time at OU together and all the people we met there. My heart is full of gratitude for all the experiences I had in Norman as well as all the experiences I've had on my mission. It is incredible and I wouldn't trade any of it for all the money in the world. :)

We are working with an investigator who is making tremendous progress! :D He got rid of things in his apartment that were hindering his progress last Saturday. It has been amazing to see the change in his countenance just by doing that. He is preparing for baptism on December 15th! It is so exciting to see the gospel changing him. He comes to church every Sunday and he recognizes the difference in his life. 

The OSU sisters found us a great new potential investigator. :D We are going to meet her sometime in the next couple days. I guess this woman came up to the sisters in the library and asked them if they were Mormon missionaries. They said they were and this woman told them that she wanted to meet with missionaries again. She had met with them before, but hadn't in a while. This may be the miracle Sister Nelson, myself and Sister Obena have been praying for! It is so exciting! 

I am so excited to be in this area! There is so much potential it almost kills me. haha! I'm just kidding. Really though, I am excited for what is in store for me, for the area, etc. over the next few months.

I have come to appreciate all the seemingly little miracles that happen in life. We had two people come to church yesterday. They are the Zone Leader's investigators, but we have all been working with them and have been trying to get them to come to church for a while now. We were riding our bikes to go visit a less active member of our ward on Friday. Sister Nelson stopped her bike and asked me to check the phone. I did and we had a text from this husband and wife asking us what they should wear to church. It was such a good feeling! The great thing is, when we checked the phone we were on their street. haha! We went and visited with them for a few minutes and told them what they needed to know. They loved church Sunday. :)
Later Friday night we were visiting another less active member we are working with. We started talking about prayer and repentance. I had a thought come to mind so I said it. After I shared with her she told me that she looked at prayer in a way she had never looked at it before. I know that was the Spirit directing me on what to say. Because I acted on the prompting things were said that built her faith. My faith was built as well and I'm so grateful for that experience. 

OOO!! Temple conference is this Friday! I am so excited to go to the temple! :D President Taylor gave us all a homework assignment to complete before Friday. I love having things to think about before I go to the temple. It makes it even that much more meaningful. 

So I realized something kind of funny. (I thought it was funny, you may not, but of course I'm still going to share.) For probably about 70% or so my mission I have been in a trio companionship. I was even in a trio in the MTC. I basically haven't been with just one companion since I finished training. I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm in a regular companionship. haha! I love Sister Nelson and Sister Obena! They are fantastic! Sister Nelson goes home on the 17th of December. We have served altogether for nearly 6 months. It's been fun! I'm sad she's leaving, but it is time. I've learned a lot from Sister Nelson and I'm grateful we've served for so long together. It is hard to believe how fast time is going. Well, I sure do love y'all! If I could give you all a hug I would. So just know a hug is implied here. :D

Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment