Wednesday, December 19, 2012

This is Going to be Good! :)

Sister Obena, Sister Nelson and I
Hey everybody!
This has been a crazy week! Sister Nelson has been packing and getting ready to go home so the week was a little out of the ordinary. Her and Sister Christensen left this morning. I feel so blessed to have served around these two amazing Sisters. They are my friends and have taught me so much! I love them! :)
Sister Obena is going to Norman to serve at OU! wooohooo! Sister Nelson and I were so excited to hear she would be serving there. (Both of us have a special love for Noman.) Sister Obena is going to love Norman, even if she never becomes an OU fan. haha!

I love this sign
on the way into Stillwater. :)
This week was the new trainers meeting. This will be the last set of sisters to come into the mission who are 21 and over. Next transfer the 19 year olds will start coming in. It's so exciting! There is a lot of responsibility being placed on the missionaries in this mission (especially the Sisters it feels like) to train the new sisters effectively so they will be prepared to train new missionaries in 12 weeks. It is an exciting time to me a missionary! :)

I have a lot of goals and things I want to do with my new companion and with the area this next transfer. My biggest desire is that I do it ALL in the Lord's way and how he would want me and my new companion to do things. If you could add that in your prayers I would very much appreciate it.
Sister Nelson and I with honey on our faces. Yes... Honey. Somebody told us if you put good honey on your face it gets rid of peach fuzz. Of course, we had to try it. Yeah... we still have peach fuzz. The only thing the honey did was make for some great videos and pictures. :)

Yesterday was such a great day at church! I gave a talk about drawing strength from prayer and scripture study, which went well. We had four people we are teaching come to church. We were running around like crazy. It was so busy, but so great! The members of the ward were so great and so welcoming to those people who were at church. Through my whole mission I have never had that many people come at one time. It was a marvelous experience, and a great last Sunday for Sister Nelson. :)
Sister Nelson,
Sister Christensen and I

Sister Nelson and I this
morning before
she left.

Well.... I really don't have a whole lot to say this week. (sorry) I am so excited to be given the wonderful opportunity to train again. If it is anything like my first experience, this wonderful sister will teach me far more than I will teach her. :) I don't know her, but I love her already!

I love you! Keep being amazing! I can't even tell you how much I love all of you. Thank you for all your prayers and support. I wish I could give all of you a big hug right now. :) The gospel of Jesus Christ is true and I know that because of this scripture in the Book of Mormon, "And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually." Mosiah 5:2


Love, Sister Record


This video is so inspiring! I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment