Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Hey everybody!

This is going to be a really short email.... and not much of an update. My apologies. I really wanted to share a scripture with you from 1 Peter 4:12-13. It has been a rough week with one person we are teaching. We want so badly for them to accept the message we are sharing, but they don't want to right now. It has been stressful and heartbreaking because of how much we love them. Yesterday in church I read this scripture which says,

"12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery atrial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy." (1 Peter 4:12-13)

This is Peter speaking, but I imagined my Heavenly Father speaking directly to me. I found so much comfort from this scripture. I am also reminded of a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 101:16

"16 Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God." (D&C 101:16)

I know that God is aware of each of us. I have absolutely no doubt about it. I have felt his love for me and for others many times. I know that through faith in Christ miracles happen. I have seen that on my mission and those same kinds of miracles can happen to any of God's children. (that means all of us. :D ) I know that this is the Lord's work and it isn't just the full-time missionaries who are called to participate in it. As you share the gospel with your friends, family and others you can feel that same joy. It is amazing! I love missionary work, stress and all. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love you!

 At the hospital. I have been to the hospital more times as a missionary than I have in my entire life. We took one of the OSU sisters to the hospital on Friday night. She had an asthma attack. She is doing good now. :)

Me, Sister Cooper and Sister Allgood. I love these two so much! :D


 Me and Elder Lott (the District Leader) GO SOONERS! :)


Christmas Eve with the OSU sisters & Zone Leaders  L2R: Sister Pfister (who is practically my twin. We may as well be the same person. haha!) Sister Johnson, Elder Westwood, Elder Franco, Me, Sister Cooper


My gloves and scarf I got for Christmas.

I was helping Sister Cooper memorize the 1st vision... I ended up drawing it for her. Yeah... be jealous of my art skills.

Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment