Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Still Here

Hello again!
I can't believe another week is gone. This week FLEW right on by! We got transfer calls yesterday. drum roll........... nothing is happening with Sister Cooper and I. Its really anti-climatic... sorry. haha! I realized yesterday that of all the transfers I have had on my mission this is the first time things have stayed exactly the same in the companionship. Every time transfers come around somebody leaves or somebody new comes in and its been like that my entire mission. It is kind of weird that nothing is really changing this time around.

The week has been pretty good. I mean, I don't think there are ever horrible, dreadful things that happen. I love my mission. Even when weeks are hard there always seems to be a handful of tender mercies that help you remember that God is always there for you. :) I have felt such a need throughout my mission to really rely on Heavenly Father. I have learned how much I need to follow Him and trust Him. I wouldn't have learned this had I not served a mission, for that I am grateful. I am thankful for all the hard times and all the joyful times.

The hard times remind me that I cannot do anything without Him. The joyful times remind me that even though life can be hard, He is always there for me.

On Wednesday we did splits with the OSU sisters. I took Sister Pfister to Moore for the new trainers meeting. I had the chance to go out with Sister Fraire. It was so nice to be companions with her again, even if it was only for a couple hours. I loved being companions with her in Norman. :D

Well.... I forgot to bring my journal with me so I'm having a hard time remembering everything that has happened this week. Training Sister Cooper is going well. I'm grateful for her patience with me. haha! Wow! I can't remember a thing that happened this week for some reason. OH! We met a lady last week who said we could come back to see her. We went back last night and she welcomed us right in. We got to talking about her family, about her religious beliefs, etc. She mentioned that she wanted to be better, but was so weak and kept slipping up.

We shared Ether 12:27 with her. "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." She really liked that verse. She got out a paper and pencil to copy it down, but we gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon. We told her that we teach people how to apply the Atonement of Jesus Christ in their lives. We have an appointment to go back and see her this week. :) It is pretty exciting! The work is moving along here!

I love you all! Thanks for everything you do (especially the prayers!) Have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Record


No comments:

Post a Comment