Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Strength

Happy Monday!
I can't believe how fast this week went! We have taught a lot of great lessons this week and even invited a sweet lady to be baptized on March 2nd and she said yes! woohoo! The work is definitely hastening here in this ward! It is so exciting to be a missionary at this time. I love training new missionaries! It is the hardest thing I have ever done, but I learn so much. I become so close to my Heavenly Father that it is all worth it. :)

I have come to the realization that when President Monson said, "Life by the yard is hard. Life by the inch is a cinch." he wasn't lying! ;) I have really tried to focus this week on taking things a day at a time. It is so much easier to do things in the moment and not always looking at what you still need to accomplish.

I have learned a lot about how important it is to rely on the arm of the Lord and not my own. I love what Nephi says in 2nd Nephi 9:34, "O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm." And really, relying on our own "strength" is pretty miserable.

I tend to be one of those people who would rather do something on my own than let someone else help. Not because I don't want their help, but because I want to make sure things get done the way I want. I realized this week that I have been relying to much on myself and not on the Lord's strength. Thankfully Heavenly Father reminded me that "as to my own strength I am nothing", even if it is a painful lesson to learn. I am grateful for the Atonement and repentance. Yes, repentance is even for missionaries. Really, repentance is for everybody and we all need to do it daily.

I love you! Hope everybody has a great week!
Love Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment