Thursday, February 14, 2013

Miracles, Miracles, Miracles!!

Hello Hello!
Wow! What an amazing week we've had this week! I feel incredibly blessed right now. After all that has happened this last week I feel like Heavenly Father has literally carried me through. Not only in the last week, but throughout my entire mission!! (and in retrospect, my entire life.) I know I wouldn't be able to do anything without His divine help.

I am also thankful that He periodically reminds me that He is over all. That lesson is usually a painful one, but I'm thankful he loves me enough not to let me keep going down the wrong path. It reminds me of when you go bowling and put the bumpers up. Your goal is to hit all the pins... the bumpers keep you in the lane. :)

Last week we found 3 new people to teach and found a lot of potential people. This is may not sound miraculous, but TRUST me.....It was.

Yesterday I read in chapter 11 of Preach My Gospel. I was reminded that in order to fulfill my purpose as a missionary, which is to invite others unto Christ, I must invite people to change. At our dinner appointment we shared Alma 38:5. As they talked about what that scripture meant to them they mentioned something they wanted to work on. I know the spirit brought back what I had read that morning. I knew I had to commit them to live that particular principle.... so I asked them to live it and they said they would. It was a powerful learning experience for me.

I talked to my district leader on the phone that evening and he said that committing people to do things is inviting them to repent. In essence when we leave people with commitments we are doing what the scriptures call "crying repentance". THAT IS AMAZING! After talking about that I wanted to go out and commit everybody I met to live some principle of the gospel... but it was after 9:30pm, so I didn't. ;)

Exciting things are happening in this ward! In March we are adding a set of Elders in our ward as well as a set of Spanish sisters in the 1st ward. We will be moving in March to an actual house which we will be sharing with the Spanish sisters. I still don't know if I will still be here next transfer.... I want to stay, but at the same time I want to go to at least one more area before I come home. We'll see what happens. It's all in the Lord's hands. :)

I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to serve my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His church on the earth. I love the Book of Mormon and other holy scripture. I told Sister Cooper that one day I want to be like Elder Holland and bear as powerful of a testimony of the Book of Mormon as he does. http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/10/safety-for-the-soul?lang=eng&media=video (skip to 13:30, the last part is my favorite!) until that day comes, I want you to know that I know the Book of Mormon is true. People of the world can say what they want to about it, that doesn't change what I know by the Spirit of God to be true.

Thank you for all your prayers and support. I know I wouldn't be able to do this work without you. I love all of you! Remember, "....that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day."

Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment