Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Plan of Salvation

Hello everybody,

It has been a rollercoaster over the last few days. Tragedy struck my mission on Friday. One of our wonderful Sister Missionaries was hit and killed by a truck. It is so surreal, I just talked to her on Wednesday. We had the same trainer, Sister Bowles. Thankfully and miraculously, her companion was uninjured. There will be a mission wide memorial service on Tuesday. If you have any questions or concerns you can call President Taylor.

My faith and testimony of the Plan of Salvation has really been strengthened over the last couple days. It seems that everything I am reading in the Book of Mormon the last couple days has been about the Plan of Salvation. Yesterday I read Alma 40:12 "And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow."

I know she is in a wonderful place right now. My main concern is for her family and for the missionaries here. All of my past companions who are here in Oklahoma have been companions with her in the last 6 months. I am anxious to see them on Tuesday and talk with them. Please keep family and friends of this wonderful Sister in your prayers and also the Oklahoma City Mission.

I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true! I know without a doubt in my mind that the Plan of Salvation is true. Death is not the end. Because of Jesus Christ's Atonement the bands of death have been broken! Alma 11:42 says, "Now, there is a death which is called a temporal death; and the death of Christ shall loose the bands of this temporal death, that all shall be raised from this temporal death."

I love you all! I am so thankful for you! Thank you for all your prayers! The Church is true and so is the Book of Mormon. I have absolutely no doubt of that. Have a great week!

Love, Sister Record

"Mormon missionary killed after being hit by truck in Oklahoma", Desert News, Published 3 Feb 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment