Monday, May 13, 2013

Howdy, Howdy, Howdy

[NOTE:] We had a great talk with Sister Record on Sunday for Mother's Day. She took some time to talk individually with each sibling as well as her Mom and Dad. We are grateful for her sweet spirit and faithful service.

Hello everybody!
It has been a great week! I got to experience my first wedding as a missionary. Two of my favorite people got married on Saturday. Here is a picture. :)
Sister Record, [Name withheld 1], [Name withheld 2], Sister Loveland

This week I'm going on exchanges with on of the sisters that I was companions with when I first came here. I'm pretty excited to spend a day with her and see how much she has grown in the last 5 or 6 months.

Sister Loveland and I are doing great here in this area. The area is doing fabulous. Funny story.... I lost my drivers license last Monday. (Go figure. I'm just surprised it took 15 months to loose it only once.) I haven't been able to drive all week. The other night Sister Loveland and I were talking about how she hates driving and how I wish I could drive. I came to the conclusion that I feel like the grandmother whose children revoked her drivers license and driving privileges. :D Hopefully I will figure it out soon.

Another funny story. This may be one that is just funny if you were there, but I'm going to tell it anyways. First off, I have gotten to the point were I use "y'all" without thinking. Second, we were talking about armadillos the other day. Instead of saying armadillo I said armadilla. I am speaking okie (people from Oklahoma are called Okies).

Sister Allen and Sister Record
Lets see... last Wednesday I went on exchanges with Sister Allen. (one of the pictures I sent) She came to my area. She is the happiest, most bubbly person ever. I love her! We had a wonderful day FULL of miracles. Elder Andersen told us to expect miracles every day, so I was expecting miracle. The night before we decided our theme for the day was going to be," have faith, not fear." Wednesday morning I woke up with a line from the hymn "Do What Is Right" going through my head. "Be faithful, Be fearless!" I may as well have woken up singing "Oh what a beautiful morning!" It was a beautiful morning. :) I love those kind of mornings. Like I said, so many miracles happened that day because both Sister Allen and I had faith. That's what we need to see miracles happen. Faith that leads to action and obedience. It isn't just a blessing reserved for missionaries. :) Well, I love you! I hope you have a great week!
Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment