Monday, May 6, 2013

Tengo Gozo en mi Alma Hoy


Hello everybody!
It is a beautiful day here in Oklahoma! In a couple hours we are going to Boomer Lake to have a picnic and play games. I'll send pictures next week. Sorry I didn't write last week... life has been pretty crazy. I don't have a lot to write this week. I mean, a lot has happened, but it doesn't feel right to share everything that has happened just so it can go on my blog. There is too much to share. With that being said, I do want to share the lessons I have learned over the last month or so.

1. God ALWAYS knows what is best.
2. When God prompts you to do something, even when it is a scary thought, just do it.
3. There is no way to truly be LIVING the gospel of Jesus Christ and be miserable.

Sister Loveland is my new companion. She has actually lived in the same house as me for the last 8 weeks, so we already know each other pretty good. She has just switched from being a Spanish sister to English. That is a little bit of a transition for her, but she is doing great! So right now I am in a house with three other sisters who speak Spanish. I am learning quite a bit of Spanish. (not enough to ever carry on a conversation. But I understand a lot of what they say) I even said my first prayer in Spanish today! Okay... I only started and ended the prayer in Spanish and the middle was in English. One day I will be able to pray in Spanish. (that is one of my goals before I come home. haha!)

There are a lot of 19 year old sisters in the mission. I will send you a picture of all the sisters in the mission about a year ago versus now. It is crazy! There are so many more! It is wonderful!

All Sisters in July 2012 (22, excluding Sister Taylor)
All Sisters in April 2013 (39, excluding Sister Taylor, a 44% increase)
I am still trying to figure out what my role and responsibilities are as a sister trainer. My role is different from a regular trainer because me and the other sister I work with are to minster to the needs of the sisters in our region. We are going to be doing two exchanges with two sets of sisters this week and zone conference and then possibly two exchanges next week. Life is crazy and super busy, but it is good. :) I love you all so much! Thanks for everything you've done for me!

Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment