Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm Doing Fine

Hello!

First off, I want everybody to know I am fine. Apparently news of the tornadoes is all over the place. Keep the people of Oklahoma in your prayers though. Those tornadoes do a lot of damage.

Sister Crystalyn Hunt
Last Monday we had a zone p-day and the sisters from the north part of the zone came down. I found out that one of them is from Spanish Fork, Sister Crystalyn Hunt. It gets better though. We were both set apart by President Angell, she knew me before she came out because of the blog, and we went to girls camp together at Koholowo. CRAZY! I actually get to go on exchanges with her this week. I am pretty excited.

We have had a good week. Both Sister Loveland and I felt kind of discouraged this week, but we quickly realized it was the adversary trying to get us down. We knew that wonderful things were about to happen here in this area. Well, Saturday and Sunday we met two amazing women who are so ready for the gospel!

I want to tell the story of how we found one of these ladies. I was on exchanges with Sister Obena. She served here in this area at the beginning of her mission. We were actually companions for 6 weeks. We were planning for the day and she mentioned somebody that she had met that the sisters before her had taught. This woman's teaching record did not have an apartment number or a correct phone number. If it hadn't been for Sister Obena telling me about her, we never would have found her. Sister Obena and I tried to go visit her on Tuesday, but she was not home. Sister Loveland and I have been trying to get a hold of her. Finally, yesterday we were out with our Relief Society President and we were able to meet her. We talked on her doorstep for about 30 minutes about how she has seen God's hand in her life. She is AMAZING! I love her so much! :D We are going back next week to see her.

Stillwater, OK Zone
I love my new calling as sister training leader. I am learning SO MUCH from the Sisters I do exchanges with. I love exchanges! It is so fun to get to know the other sisters and to help them with the things they need. I am learning so much about how to minister to other people. I always learn from the other sisters how to be a better missionary and how to improve my area. 

Sister Record is 7th from the right, sitting next to President Taylor.
My companion is fabulous! I also love the other sisters that live in the house with us. I'm so blessed to around so many wonderful sisters. Transfers are coming up next week, I'm hoping since we have only been companions for three weeks we will get to be together for one more transfer. I also hope I don't get transfered. I have been here 6 months and I would LOVE to finish my mission here. If I did, that would put me at 9 months in one area. :D Well, I love y'all! Keep Oklahoma in your prayers.

Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment