Monday, June 24, 2013

A Peaceful Sleep

Helllllloooooo!
I don't really have anything to write in this email for the blog. After last weeks email, I feel like I just don't have a lot. I told my companion that I felt like we rose up to our potential but this week we have faced quite a bit of opposition. I won't go into detail, it isn't important what the opposition was/is. Just know it was very real. We are determined to get back on our feet and have another amazing week! Despite the challenges we've faced I know that God had been helping us. He has sent divine help for Sister Loveland and I. Miracles did happen this last week... but it was more on a personal level than in our proselyting efforts.

I know that when we have hard times, God will ALWAYS be there to bear us up. I have no doubt of that. There was one night this week I was trying to sleep. I was extremely worried about something and getting pretty anxious about it. Sleep would not come. Finally I rolled over onto my side and started to focus on Jesus Christ. I started to pray earnestly for relief. I told Heavenly Father that if things were going to work out I needed to feel peace. Immediately I felt peace come into my heart about the situation. I was able to fall asleep within 5-10 minutes. I was reminded of the scripture in the Doctrine & Covenants section 6

22 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.
23 Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God? (D&C 6:22-23)


Just as a side note, here is additional video that was filmed in the Stillwater stake. President Bowman is an amazing man! He spoke in our ward yesterday and gave a powerful talk about service. He has this incredible talent to get up and quote scripture. 80% of his talk was scriptures and quoted them... not once did he open up his scriptures or look down at notes. It was inspiring. I hope to develop that talent one day. :)

President Taylor is amazing! I am so thankful for the opportunity I've had to serve with him. He and Sister Taylor have changed my life now and forever. I am sad they are going home this week. I will really really miss them. Well, I love you! I will have more to write next week! :D

Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment