Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Email: 14 February 2012


Hey everybody! Hope all is well out in the world! I seriously forgot that there is a world outside the MTC. This week has been just nuts!! I didn't know I could learn so much in just 6 days. Holy flipping cow! I'm not going to lie, there have been some stressful moments, but with the Lord's help things have still been going great! The whole MTC experience has been a big testimony builder for me. There is NO WAY any of us could learn all we need to learn and then apply it without the Lords help. I love you all so much! Please send me letter using dearelder.com I would love to hear from you. For all those who have written me thank you so much! The letters made my day! :D I will try to respond to them soon. Things are so busy! Every minute of my day is planned out here in the MTC. I like it though. And happy birthday Annelise! I thought about you yesterday. :) Dad, will you forward this to the email group list?

  1. Sunday was EXHAUSTING! We listened to a great talk by Elder Bednar called the Character of Christ. Dad, if you find a link to it will you put it on the blog? so on Sunday I received a new assignment...... I have been assigned as the Sister Coordinator over my branch. I work with the zone leaders and have leadership meetings on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. Which is kind of nuts since those meetings overlap with other things I have scheduled. I'm super excited though! The sister coordinator is in charge of welcoming new missionaries to the MTC, going over the rules and giving them a tour to the MTC. Basically helping them feel comfortable and a little less overwhelmed. Along with that I'm also in charge of making sure all the sisters in our branch (which is only 7) are doing okay and if they need anything I help out and if needed report it to the branch president. Our branch president is awesome!! I love him and his wife! He actually served his mission where Jason is right now. :D So in a nutshell, as Sister coordinator, I am basically the closest thing the branch has to a Relief Society President.
  2. My companions are sister Olson from Santa Barbara, CA (going to Cleveland, OH) and sister Ehelschi-Piepgrass from Canada (going to Tampa, Florida). Thats right, I have two companions. Its neat, but also a bit more of a challenge than having just one companion. However, they are great sisters and I am starting to realize why the Lord put us as companions.
  3. My district is 8A and zone 30. I will have pictures of them next Tuesday (pday). Our Zone leaders are Elder Hendersen and Elder Moore (who I work with as sister coordinator) and they are both going to Oklahoma city! They are awesome! Elder Hendersen does the BEST voice impression of Kronk from Emperors New Groove. The other elders in our district are Elders Berryessa (DL), Tollefson, Jensen and Brignac who are all going to Cleveland OH. Then we have an Elder Christiansen who is going to the Ukraine. He is testing a new language learning program and was just put into the district last Thursday. Our district is just fantastic!
Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment