Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Email: 21 February 2012

Elder Record,

Don't you just love missionary work?! I just listened to your update about the person who wants to be baptized in March! That is so exciting! Yesterday in class our teacher was telling us that if we really understood how IMPORTANT baptism is to our Heavenly Father, he would have to beat us with a stick to keep us from inviting people to be baptized on the first visit. I am so happy to hear that you have so many people to teach! I'm glad to hear your language studying is going well. I can't tell you everything that has happened since I've been in the MTC..... as one of my teachers said, the experiences in the MTC could easily be 3 years worth of experiences. That's how much we learn! I am so thankful for all I have been able to learn in just the last two weeks! It's hard to believe that it's been two weeks because SO MUCH has happened! I will be heading out to OK next Tuesday. I am so excited! I already love the people of Oklahoma so much! I have really loved being able to share my testimony on a daily basis. I LOVE to bear my testimony!!!

I love how humbling being in the MTC has been. It hasn't been easy, but I have really been thankful for the times that my weaknesses are just staring me right in the face. Because the Lord has blessed me to be able to see those things I need to do better, I have been able to really work on being the best missionary I can be and the best person I can be. I feel so blessed to be serving a mission. I know WITHOUT a doubt that it is what the Lord wants me to do at this point in my life. Wish I could write more, but time is ticking away. :) I just want to share a scripture with you. "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that hey might have everlasting life." 3rd Nephi 15:3 Love you!!!

Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment