Monday, February 6, 2012

See you in 18 months :D

WOW! I can't believe I get set apart as a full-time missionary tomorrow evening! The time has just FLOWN right on by! I swear last month was Septemeber and I had just decided to serve a mission. Now here we are, less than 48 hours until I enter the Missionary Training Center and I can hardly wait to be honest. I've had a few thoughts/questions these past few days and I thought I would share a short list. (I have always liked lists)

1. What blessings does the Lord have in store for me and my family over the next 18 months?
2. What kind of lessons will I learn and how?
3. How will my mission to Oklahoma change me?
4. Will I be a successful missionary?
5. What will all my clothes look like when I get them out of storage 18 months from now? (This is seriously one of my thoughts)

I know that serving a mission is what the Lord wants me to do.  I know my mission will change my life for the better and I will be a better person after it. I hope and pray that the Lord will touch many people's hearts through me.

I am thankful for missionary work. Without the efforts of two 19 year old young men, I wouldn't be here typing this right now. The missionaries taught my grandmother and my dad years ago. I am so thankful to the two of them for accepting the gospel. It has been THE BIGGEST blessing in my life!

I know that this church is Christ's church on this earth today.  I know we all have a Heavenly Father who loves us. He wants nothing more than for each of us to return back to Him.  I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.  The only way to know that truth is to read it for yourself then ask with REAL INTENT to know of its truthfulness, you WILL recieve an answer. I promise you that!  This book blesses lives! It has blessed mine so much. :D

I know that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God. This book couldn't have come about by any other way.  I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His son Jesus Christ. I know Joseph Smith was the instrument in the hands of God to restore His church back to the Earth.  This isn't just some story somebody made up to tell their children at night. This is true!

I know that Christ's atonement in the garden of Gethsemane covers ALL pain, suffering and temptation.  There isn't a single thing you have gone through that He hasn't experienced. So when hard times come, let us all turn to Christ. Christ has said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meet and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (see Matthew 11:28-30)  I heard somebody say once that there is nothing two people can't do if one of those people is the Lord.

I just want to thank each of you for being in my life, family and friends. I love you ALL so much! I don't even know how to tell you all how much I love you.  Just know that my life has been blessed by EACH ONE OF YOU.  I hope to hear from you while I'm out in the mission field. May God bless you in everything you do. :D 

"It's three in the morning and I'm still awake,
 So I picked up the pen and the page.
And I started writing just what I'd say
If we were face to face.


I'd tell you just what you mean to me,
Tell you these simple truths:
Be strong in the Lord and never give up hope,
Your going to do great things, I already know.
God's got His hand on you, So don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget, but don't forget why you're here.
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say."
-Words I Would Say by Sidewalk Prophets








No comments:

Post a Comment