Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Email: 16 April 2012


Hey everybody!

No worries about me, I'm safe and sound here in Oklahoma. :) We were communicating regularly with the DL/ZLs who communicated with President Taylor. On Saturday night we spent the night in the other Sister's apartment since it is right next to the church. Just in case we needed to take shelter from any tornadoes. We had some pretty intense thunderstorms and lightening on Friday. That was just cool to look at. :D Saturday night we had 60Mph winds were I am at apparently.... I slept through it though. All the missionaries and ward members here in OK are safe though. To be honest, I never felt worried or scared that something would happen to me or my companion. We figured if we were in real danger the spirit would let us know. ;)

We taught one of our investigators more about the Book of Mormon on Friday. He told us he feels inspired and feels comforted when he reads the Book of Mormon. He says its unlike any other book he's ever read. We had him read Helaman 5:12. It was cool because when he finished he just stopped and said "wow!" as he put his hand on his chest. He said the verse was very powerful. The spirit was really strong! I was able to point out the feelings he had was the holy ghost testifying of truth. :)

Sister Buckley and Sister Record
My new companion, Sister Buckley, is incredible! Our personalities just fit together so well. She is going to teach me how to play the Ukulele. She goes home in July, so hopefully we will be together until then. We have had a pretty crazy week!

The next morning we were on our way back from the gym when I felt something hit my head. It was bird poop. A BIRD POOPED ON MY HEAD! Sister Buckley and I were laughing so hard! It was a good thing I was on my way to take a shower anyway.

Yes, she took a picture
Then all the severe weather warning going on this weekend has been insane! I really don't think I've had more fun on my mission than I have in the last 5 days. Sister Buckley is crazy! :D Think of Kelly Fullmer....She reminds me of Kelly Fullmer. haha! This transfer is going to be amazing! Sister Buckley is a great teacher and I have already learned a lot from her. By the way dad, she says to tell you she thinks you are awesome. (I let her read your letter you sent me about the Tabernacle of the Congregation and all the symbols you used) 

I love you all so much! Thanks for all your prayers! I love being a missionary! I am learning so much and growing so much. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
Sister Bowles and Sister Record on transfer day

This is a Happy Hippo. Sister Buckley's sister sent it to her.
This Happy Hippo is from Germany and had German chocolate on
the inside.... IT WAS DELICIOUS! :D

Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment