Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Questions: 9 April 2012


Eric: What is the funniest thing that has happened this week?
This happened last week, but I forgot to tell everybody. Sister Bowles and I were driving in the car on our way out for the day. We had just gotten outside of our apartment complex when we saw an old man walking on the side of the road. We had a feeling he was lost. So we pulled over to ask him if he was okay. As soon as he started talking i knew he was lost. We pulled over and he just got right into our car. He thought we were going to give him a ride. Sister Bowles and I got out of the car and went to help him. This guy had somehow gotten out of the Alzheimer's and dementia unit that is right next to our apartment. :) It was so funny!!! The Elders just happened to be riding their bike past us and ran over to help us. They took our car and parked it somewhere safe since it was just sitting in the middle of the road.

Dad: When do you think we can get an audio update? We would sure love one. As far as I know, I have sent all SD cards. I sent both the SD and microSD card together.
Like I said, I promise to give you one by next Monday. :) You still have one of my SD cards. I sent pictures to you on it. You have sent me back one SD card and my microSD card for the audio recorder. I have one more card that goes to my camera. It is black.

Dad: What is the most unusual thing you have eaten so far?
On Saturday I had bratwurst, fried cabbage and German potato salad. I also had fried okra the other day. They weren't strange, just things I'd never tried before. I loved both of them though. :)

Dad: "By small and simple things, are great things brought to pass." How have you witnessed the hand of the Lord through small or great means this week?
That is a really great question! We met a lady from Germany on Saturday who claims to be atheist. She said she use to be Christian but doesn't understand why God would let bad things happened to innocent people. It was an interesting conversation. Sister Bowles asked her if she was happier when she believed in God or now. She said she was happier when she believed in God. We asked her some other questions on her belief in God. We invited her to come to church with us on Sunday. She said she would, but only because she liked us and thought we were interesting. haha! (she didn't end up coming to church. just for the record.) As we were leaving we gave her a hug because that's just what we do. We hug people A LOT. She walked up to her porch, we walked to our car. Next thing I know she turns around, runs down the stairs and to our car to tell us thanks for the hugs because she really needed them that day. :D It was such a sweet moment. It was great to know the Lord showed Ute His love for her through us. I told Sister Bowles that if that is all that results from that visit, it is totally worth it. There are so many other "Small and Simple Things" that happen all the time. I am going to start paying even more attention to those things. :) Thanks for the idea dad.

Dad: What did Easter mean to you this year?
Great question as well. I hadn't really thought of that. In Sunday school Sister Bowles and I taught the lesson and read the Easter story from the New Testament with the class. We talked a lot about Christ's atonement. Easter to me is a reminder that I would not be able to make it back to Heavenly Father with our Christ. It wouldn't matter what efforts I put forth, I can't make it back without Christ's grace and mercy

I love you all! Have a great week!
Love, Sister Record


No comments:

Post a Comment