Monday, May 14, 2012

Email: 14 May 2012


Oh my goodness!!! I LOOOOVVEEEE THESE PICTURES!! They totally just made my day. I'm going to print them off and put them on my wall. :D When I went to the Aladdin stage show last year and had just drunk tons of water to I had to use the bathroom so bad! It didn't help that I was laughing really hard in the show. :) I would love to see more. Chris is looking so grown up! And so is Eric! Annelise, you still look the same. haha!

So I was reading in the Book of Mormon this morning and was reading the story of Ammon and King Lamoni. I'm at the part of the story when King Lamoni and the Queen and all his servants fell to the earth because they were all feeling the Spirit really strong. This is in Alma chapter 19. What really stood out to me when I read it was the servant of the queen, Abish.

In verse 16 it tells about how Abish had "been converted unto the Lord for many years, on account of a remarkable vision of her father—" first off I want to know who her dad is and what his vision was. haha!

As I read, the next verse more stood out to me.

“17 Thus, having been converted to the Lord, and never having made it known, therefore, when she saw that all the servants of Lamoni had fallen to the earth, and also her mistress, the queen, and the king, and Ammon lay prostrate upon the earth, she knew that it was the power of God; and supposing that this opportunity, by making known unto the people what had happened among them, that by beholding this scene it would cause them to believe in the power of God, therefore she ran forth from house to house, making it known unto the people. ”

I love how this servant of the queen recognized a missionary opportunity and took it! I just love that! I believe Abish was definitely following the promptings from the Spirit. So because of Abish all these people were gathered around the King, Queen and their servants. Some were angry, some were confused, some believed Ammon was "the Great Spirit" and others believed he was sent by that "Great Spirit." (Alma 19:25-27)

Abish, probably being a very sweet and tender hearted woman, was hurt by the contention among the people. (Alma 19:28)

I love the faith shown by Abish in the next verse. She wanted the queen to rise up again. So she went and touched her and the queen arose and started to testify of Christ. Then the King arose and seeing the contention among his people rebuked them but also taught them what Ammon had said. (verse 31)

Finally everybody had arose from the ground and taught and testified to all the people who were there. Many people were baptized and joined the church. The chapter doesn't mention anything more about Abish after verse 28. I have to wonder though if all those people would have even had the chance to hear the Gospel if she had not recognized the Spirit telling her about a missionary opportunity and then ACTED. :)

I love y'all! It was so great to talk to you yesterday! I just loved it! Thanks again for the pictures! I loved them!
Love Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment