Monday, May 7, 2012

Email: 7 May 2012

Hey everybody!! Hope all is well in good ole' Utah! :D This week was another great week! I can't believe how much I love missionary work! I never want it to end! It's definitely not easy and most of the time is just emotionally, spiritually and physically exhausting but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I can't imagine my life if I didn't come on a mission to be honest. To anybody who is wondering if they should serve a mission or not.... SERVE A MISSION! There is absolutely no reason not to. :D

Sister Buckley and I were talking about how a mission is like spiritual boot camp. Its so true! There is no better way (in my opinion) to become the kind of person the Lord wants us to be in such a SHORT amount of time! Of course you have to be willing to let a mission change you. I could go on and on, but I will spare everybody. Just know that I love missionary work. I love the Lord and I love how much I'm learning out here. Tomorrow is my 3 month mark in my mission and it is just flying by! It just keeps going faster too. I realize today it's been 8 month since I decide to serve a mission. crazy!

We are teaching a guy named [name withheld]. HE IS AMAZING!!!!!!! Sister Buckley and I taught him the Plan of Salvation last week. He is just soaking everything and is scheduled to be baptized on May 19th. He has been reading the Book of Mormon and loves it! Each time we meet with him he reads at least six chapters and remembers everything. When he first started the Book of Mormon he told us that he really didn't like Lamen and Lemuel. haha! Brandon is awesome! He has been to church twice now and is well on his way to being baptized.

Keep Sister Buckley and her family in your prayers. She goes home in July and is really really not looking forward to it. If President Taylor let her stay for 2 years she would totally do it. She is an amazing missionary! We joke around that she can just come back to OKC and just come teaching with me all the time. ;)

Mom & Dad, will you send me a letter (snail mail) with your thoughts on the power each individual person has to choose who they want to become despite difficult circumstances in life. Its something sister Buckley and I have been talking about and I'd love your thoughts on it.

Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment