Monday, March 11, 2013

De Nada!!

Hey everybody!
wow! what a WONDERFUL week! Last Monday after I emailed we moved into our new house. Sister Cooper, Sister Moulton, Sister Pfister and I prepped the Elders house for their arrival and helped move furniture into the new house for the Stillwater 2nd sisters and for the Spanish sisters. That was fun, but I'm glad it is all over. I am glad transfers are over. We can finally get back to regular missionary work.

I really like having a set of Elders in our ward. I've never shared a ward before, so it is a new responsibility. Because of the number of missionaries coming out, there are a lot of bike areas. Our church building is too far for the Elders to bike so we give them a ride to the church and to some other places. We have permission from our mission president to do this. The members don't know that though, so we had our bishop announce in sacrament meeting that it was okay. Everybody laughed about the announcement. :) That's okay though. I wanted to be sure everybody knew it was okay if they saw Elders getting into the car with us. The last thing we need is trust to decrease.

We share our house with the Hermanas and it is so much fun! I love these Sisters! They yelled in Spanish once to us as we were leaving. They said, "we love you" or something like that. I didn't know what they said so I yelled back "De Nada!" It's become a joke between the four of us. We are always saying de nada (you're welcome) now. Even if it doesn't make any sense.

Okay... so I got my new companion, Sister Rebecca Tudman, on Wednesday. I LOVE HER SO MUCH! She has been an answer to my prayers. I have been praying for the last month that I would have a companion that I got along with from day one. I prayed that I would have a companion who I was united with. Well... I know Heavenly Father answers prayers because He put me and Sister Tudman as companions. She is so ready and willing to work. She loves her Savior, the Book of Mormon and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

She is a lot like me. She is always doing silly, goofy things. We have A LOT of fun being missionaries together. I feel like I've known her for a really long time... but really we've only known each other less than a week. We have a baptism coming up next week. Sister Tudman invited her to be baptized on her first day in Oklahoma. :) The little girl getting baptized is so adorable! Her mom is in our ward. Last week we taught this little girl the restoration (the 10 minute version haha!) We asked her to pray with her mom to choose a baptismal date. They came to church on Sunday and she told me she wanted to be baptized on St Patricks Day. :) SO cute! She is so excited to get baptized.

In relief society the mom of the little girl shared a story about something that happened after we taught her daughter. Her daughter told her that the Spirit was telling her that she had to have dessert before dinner. haha! :D We are going to their house for Family Home Evening and are going to teach her about the ten commandments. We are pretty excited about it.

The Lord has really been blessing us! Sister Tudman and I had an amazing personal and companion study this morning. Last night we decided that in the morning we were going to go to the scriptures and find what scripture we needed to share with somebody we are meeting with today. That's all we said about it. Well... Sister Tudman read in Alma 5 about coming unto Christ and applying the Atonement. I read almost the EXACT same thing in 3rd Nephi 9. It was incredible! The Spirit was so strong. There was more that happened during those two hours, but I think that is all I should share. :) Before my studies I said a prayer that even though I was going to read in 3rd Nephi 9 I would be able to find the things I needed to for our appointment this evening. It was great to see how the Spirit directed me and Sister Tudman to find what it was we needed to share with the person we are meeting with tonight.

Well... the Church is true! I Love missionary work! I love my Savior Jesus Christ! I don't really want to come home in August.... no offense. haha! ;) Love you all bunches and bunches!

Love, Sister Record

Pictures

Sister Cooper dropped our phone in the trash can on accident. We had do dumpster dive to get it back. It was gross.

Fish face! Sister Pfister and I. :)

Sister Moulton's thumb, Sister Pfister, Sister Cooper and I. We were packing up our house in preparation to move to our new house. Pictures had to be taken. :)

Saw this sign at a church near our house. I loved it and had to take a picture.

Our new kitchen

We have a tornado shelter in our backyard! saweet! (Sister Cooper)


Our new living room. Mom, I picked out the rug for the house. I was sent to the store to pick up some things for our new house last Monday by Elder Luke (the housing coordinator). I thought of you while I was shopping for it.

Me and my "daughters" (aka the sisters I have trained). Sorry for the Elder in the picture, luckily Sister Cooper still made it into the picture. ;) So there is Sister Cooper's head, Sister Allgood, Me, and Sister Tudman. (My new companion!) And our wonderful mission president, President Taylor! :D

Sister Tudman was cold during studies... so she bundled up. Oh how I love her! We get along so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment