Monday, March 4, 2013

I Need This!

Happy Monday!
I can't believe I'm here writing another email. The time is flying by! We found out that Sister Cooper will be going to the city to shotgun an area. (They are taking the Elders out and putting Sisters in. They are doing this to accommodate the HUGE amount of sisters we have coming into the mission.) Sister Cooper is nervous about her new assignment, but I know she will do fantastic! She has grown so much in the last few months and I know she will do amazing!

I will be staying another transfer here. There are quite a few changes happening this week. Our district is going from 4 sisters, 2 elders and a senior couple to 7 sisters, 4 elders and one senior couple. :D It is so exciting. The ward I'm serving in is being split into a sister and an elder area, so we will have two sets of missionaries in our ward! I'm SOOO excited! The elders will be here on Wednesday so the past few days have been pretty crazy. We are moving to a new house so the Elders can have ours. We will be sharing our new house with Spanish sisters. Today after I am done we are going to our new house to start moving things in and getting everything ready for Wednesday.

We have zone p-day today so all the Elders in the zone are going to come help us move everything into the new house. The OSU sisters are helping too. I serve around some pretty incredible missionaries!! Today I was thinking about a typical 19-23 year old young man or women. As I thought about it I realized how different from the rest of the world the youth of the church are. It was pretty incredible.

I was also thinking this morning about how much Heavenly Father has increased my capacity to do things just in the last 6 months. 6 months ago the task of training a new missionary, being senior companion, preparing the ward for an additional set of missionaries, and still carrying out the work of the Lord in this area would have been a daunting task. I would have been so nervous and stressed. I really haven't been feeling that way over the last few weeks. I have been surprisingly calm. I know it is because I am doing my best to rely on God for strength, not myself. (2 Nephi 4:34) I realized how much Heavenly Father really has increased my capacity to do all He needs me to do. It was very humbling. I know I can only do these things with His help. I am also grateful for companions. It is wonderful that we are here to do the Lord's work together.

We had some great miracles happen the other day. We went to our appointment but were a few minutes early. We went to check on somebody Sister Cooper had met while she was on splits with Sister Moulton. We ended up knocking on the wrong door. We offered to pray with her and she readily accepted. After we prayed she told us she was so thankful we came and she felt we were sent from God. I told her about what had happened and her face lit up. :) It was a great experience.

After that we went back to our investigators house to wait for our member to show up. She was late but while we were waiting we met a guy as he was taking his dog outside. I pulled a card out of my backpack at random. It happened to be a picture of Christ. I gave it to him and when he saw Christ he said, "I need this!" We set up an appointment to see him again Sunday. We went back yesterday and taught him about the Book of Mormon and taught him how to pray. Before we left he enthusiastically said, "This is too easy! I can do this! I can do this!" He told us he was going to go back inside and start reading. :D

Going back to Saturday, after we met that young man we went to our lesson with our investigator. We taught her the Doctrine of Christ and invited her to be baptized in May. She sat in silence for what seemed like forever, it was probably only about 30 seconds. She was really thinking about it.... and she said YES! Miracle!! It was so wonderful!

Well, I love you all! I wish I could write more, but there are people waiting to use the computers. Have a great week! Talk to you soon!

Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment