Monday, March 25, 2013

Another Wonderful Week


Hey all!
Well.... I'm feeling great! The work is moving a long wonderfully here. Sister Tudman and I have had some pretty great experiences this week.

I have two miracles I wanted to share with you. The first happened on Friday. We were out walking around town and were going to go check on somebody. We were walking in this apartment complex and I saw this woman smoking. (A few weeks ago I made it a goal to talk to EVERYBODY who was outside smoking.) I hadn't really acted on my goal but the Spirit reminded me of that goal.

I didn't even tell Sister Tudman what was going on, I just crossed the street to go talk to her. Sister Tudman is a great companion, she didn't ask me any questions, she just came with me. :) We went and started talking to this woman and then her daughter comes out of the apartment. Her daughter greets us like she knows us. It was kind of weird. Anyway, we started talking to her and found out that she is not a member but all of her children are members of the church! So great! Her son lives out of state and has been doing a lot of missionary work with her and his other siblings who are no longer active members. THEN this lady's daughter comes outside and we start talking to her. She was baptized when she was younger, but hasn't been to church since she was a teenager. They were both open to us coming back another time. It was fabulous! They also have a lot of family members in that apartment complex. Sister Tudman and I are really excited to go back. :D

The second miracle happened yesterday. To preface this, we talked a lot about following and acting on the promptings of the Spirit in relief society. It was very uplifting and I wanted to go out and act on every prompting I got from the Spirit. :) Well, we were out after dinner checking on a former investigator. He wasn't home. The thought kept coming to my mind "five doors." (We have this thing in my mission called 5 by faith. When you are in an area and your plans fall through or whatever, knock on 5 doors in faith that the Lord has you here for a reason.) So we went to four doors with no answer...well, one person answered, but they didn't even let us say who we were before they shut the door. The thought kept coming to me though, "five doors, five doors."

When we got to the fifth door I distinctly remember thinking "if nothing happens at this door we are knocking on one more." Well, a young man answered with is adorable little girl! We were able to pray with him and we have a return appointment! I love missionary work! Hope everybody has a great week! I love you!

Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment