Monday, July 29, 2013

Hello Again!


Hello again!
I can't believe it is Monday again... time flies so fast. On Friday as I was sitting in a meeting and the thought, "don't idle away your time, you have eternities to prepare for." came to mind. I know a lot of missionaries getting ready to come home say they realize they spent a lot of time before their mission doing things that were not important.

Well... it is true for me as well. I wasted so much precious time that could have been used for much better things.

This week has been amazing! We had somebody we've been teaching get baptized this week! She went to girls camp in June and felt the spirit there. She came to us and told us she wanted to get baptized. We've been teaching her for the last month or so. It was a beautiful baptism and the spirit there was strong!! All the young women sang I Know That My Redeemer Lives. Wow! It was powerful! :D

Its been a great week! We have temple conference tomorrow and then right after temple conference I'm going on exchanges on of the campus's in our region. I'm excited! Its going to be a busy day! I'm excited to go to the temple, it's been nearly 9 months since I went last. So this will be good.

I'm really going to miss serving in this area! I never thought I would spend half my mission in one area, but I feel so blessed to have had this opportunity. I don't think a lot of missionaries get the chance to see an area grow and develop like I have.

I was here when we only had 3 sets of full-time missionaries and one senior couple. Now we have one senior couple and 5 sets of full-time missionaries.

I have seen people's hearts softened by the truth of the gospel. I have seen more miracles than I could possibly tell.

I have seen the Lord's work hasten in each of the wards here. What a blessing! God is good! I am so thankful for the opportunity I have had to serve a mission in the great state of Oklahoma! I love this place!

I know the Book of Mormon is a new and additional witness that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know this book is true. I know the message in this book CHANGES hearts. I have seen it a countless number of times, not only in my life, but in the life of others.

If you haven't read the Book of Mormon recently I would invite you to do so. If you have never read it before, I would invite you to do so. If you read it daily, I would invite you to study it even more. This is the best book! I love the message about my Savior, Jesus Christ, in it.

I love y'all so much!!!
Love Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment