Monday, April 8, 2013

Oh What a Beautiful Morning!


Hey all!
First off, I loved general conference yesterday and Saturday! Did you catch the Oklahoma reference in the last session of conference? That made me smile.

The week started off pretty great! We worked really hard to reach our goals we had set before Friday. I know the Lord is very aware of Sister Tudman and I. He knows our needs and is taking care of us.

I have a can of Axe cologne (don't ask why. I inherited it from
another companion) and was sneaky and sprayed it under the door
of the hermana's study.
We are teaching a young woman and her fiancée. They actually contacted us. He is a member and wants to start coming back. She wants to start building her home on a Christ centered home. She is AMAZING! Sister Tudman and I love her so much! She was an answer to our prayers. She is reading the Book of Mormon to her little girl as a bed time story. After she reads to her daughter she will read for a couple hours. She watched conference and loved Sister Dalton's talk. We are so excited for her and her fiancée. They are wonderful people! She watched conference and LOVED it! She loves the Book of Mormon and already feels it is true. (we met her on Friday!) We invited her to baptized on Saturday and she said yes! I have wanted to find a family to teach my whole mission, and now the Lord has provided.

Spraying Axe. I'm such a stinker.

My favorite talk at conference was Elder Holland. I also enjoyed President Monson's talk. My favorite line from all of conference was from Elder Holland. I'm paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact words. He said something like, "With the exception of His perfect Son, Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father has only had imperfect people to work with... yet he is merciful with us. So be merciful with others and with yourselves."

I loved that because I feel like Elder Holland was speaking directly to me. Just that morning as I was getting ready the impression came to me, "the Lord is merciful with you, so be merciful with yourself." I would like to also add, my favorite song from conference was "Let Zion in Her Beauty Rise." I feel the Spirit so strong as I listen to it. It talks about spreading the gospel! LOVE IT! I am listening to it right now as I write. :D

I know this church is true. It is Christ's church once again on the earth. I have no doubt. I know Christ lives. He is my Savior and Redeemer! I am grateful for His sacrifice for me. I am grateful for a loving, merciful Heavenly Father. I am grateful for a living prophet on the earth today. I love you all!
Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment