Monday, March 12, 2012

Email: 12 March 2012

I just want you to know, please don't worry about me. Thanks for all you do and all your support! I sure love you!

Today is a great day! If I'm being honest though, last week was really tough.  I wrote this in my study journal yesterday. Jacob 2:8 says, 'and it supposeth me that they have come up hither to hear the pleasing word of God, yea the word which healeth the wounded soul.'  As a missionary, I feel I am on the front lines in the war against the adversary. I'm trying to protect myself from those "fiery darts" he is constantly throwing my way.  I'm trying to help those who have been severely wounded and most of the time they don't want my help for whatever reason.
 
And then there are time I feel wounded. I know I have to keep fighting, but I don't know how I'll do it.  It is the word of God that heals my wounds so I can move forward.  Best of all, I'm already on the wining side. I know whose side will win. So why do I sometimes feel like giving up?
 
I love the analogy of putting on the whole armor of God found in Ephesians 6.  If we have that armor, especially the shield of faith, we'll be able to "quench the fiery darts of the wicked".  Then I asked, why does the Lord allow us to get "wounded" so to speak? I mean, we're His soldiers fighting in this war against evil.  I then thought if I wasn't receiving wounds that needed healing, would I ever go to Christ, the master healer?  Would I feel the gratitude towards my Savior and love towards Him if he wasn't constantly healing me?  Would I have increased faith  to continue fighting, knowing I always have my elder brother to make all the hurt go away?  I can say I probably would not.
 
I can think of many times in my life when I felt wounded and it was only through, "the pleasing word of God" and ultimately Christ's atonement that I have been healed.
 
Sister Bowles and I talked about this yesterday and after we talked I felt much better and felt a renewed strength to keep going.  I am so blessed to be out here in OKC serving a mission.  I have so much to learn and so much I can improve on. I know the Lord will constantly be strengthening my faith.  I feel a renewed commitment to keep working hard and persevering through the hard times.  This is the Lord's work and it will not fail.  I am the Lord's missionary and I can do hard things. :)  I know as I am obedient and faithful the Lord will bless me.
 
Love, Sister Record

No comments:

Post a Comment